Wednesday, October 16, 2019

A Saucy Day

Aren't these peppers beautiful...all sweet peppers that a friend of mine and her husband grew.  She generously gifts us with peppers that I use in many things that I cook since they are a big thumbs up in what Woody can eat.  Literally it was a saucy day for me in the kitchen! Woody was out of salad dressing so I made him an herb oil and vinegar dressing...sort of a sauce!  He had it on a salad for lunch and sounds like the ratio of sweet and sour was right for this particular recipe.  Since I had the blender attachment for the food processor out, I decided that it was a good time to make red pepper sauce, which is a condiment for Woody.  It takes the place of catsup on sandwiches or meatloaf or whatever he decides to put it on.  It really is tasty.  It is made from roasted red peppers.  I roast a lot of the peppers that my friend gives me.  The roasted red peppers themselves are good on sandwiches, but they turn into a really good sauce. This time, I decided to see how the sauce will freeze...so we will be able to have it on hand and I won't have to make it quite so often.  Since I have an abundance of roasted peppers at the moment, it was a good time to make a large batch and freeze some.  I feel like it should thaw out just fine.  We will see...eventually.

After lunch I headed to the church to work in the library for a while.  Donna and I got quite a bit done.  We processed some books to the point of them being ready for continued processing next week...first steps done.

I came home and read and rested for a little while till it was time to fix supper. I finished a book this morning and am now working on finishing another that I have been reading on for some time. I'm ready to be finished with this book.  After my reading rest, I made a zucchini, yellow squash, and onion dish that Woody really likes.  And, it is a low protein dish that supposedly his kidneys like!

No comments:

Post a Comment