Friday, October 4, 2019

The Finishing Nail!

Nathan drove in the nail that competed the kitchen renovation.  That was the nail that allowed me to hang up the clock.


As I mentioned the other night, we're not 100% happy with the placement of the photo...the current time is an example that it will be a bit hard to see hands and numbers at certain times of the day. But I realize what happened...when they took my photo and made it fill a 15" circle this is the way the items in the photo landed on the clock face.  We/Nathan might try to outline the numbers in the shadows and maybe even the hands...it at this point, I am just glad that it is hanging!

This is a barn that I took on one of my friends' and my "barn photo trips."  It is a barn that has seen better days and might not be standing too many more years, but I thought that it had a lot of character...along with colors that I wanted in my kitchen!  The main landmark in this photo is the background.  The straight line that goes out from the point of the barn room is the Highland Rim...a very noticeable landform in this area of Middle Tennessee.  When I just mentioned it to Woody, he 
said that he saw the Highland Rim today on his travel to take his friend to the doctor.  And, because of the crop of the photo, it is hard to see, but there is a very murky pond and cows on the other side of the barn.  Here's the composition of the photo before the clock company cropped it.  It is a neat process that they do to put the photo on the clock face.  They actually print it on the wood of the clock face.  



Woody was gone most of the morning taking his friend to the doctor and then running errands with him.  I stayed busy in the house this morning.  Then this afternoon I did our weekly grocery shopping since Woody hadn't had time to do it this morning.  I came home and got the groceries put away and then it was time to get started on supper.  I made an adaption of a Mexican Rice recipe so it was "Woody friendly."  And, we had some of the garlic chicken that I made a couple of days ago,  the dishwasher is going and I needed to rest for a bit so decided to blog before going down and cleaning up the rest of the kitchen. It was a long morning for Woody and was a long afternoon for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment