Thursday, October 24, 2019

Yikes! Spiders and Webs!

This new spider web showed up in the garden between Nathan and Kathy's house and ours...pretty thick and look at the size of those two spiders!  Plots and webs must be thickening as Halloween approaches!  I think that one of my blog readers may have been partially responsible for this web, though she lives about 1800 miles away!  (Cheryl, the children are enjoying their package!)

I had school today.  We did our usual reading and working on math and/or spelling.  Isaac did several things during his long time.  He did a math game on my iPad with the Osmo app, he played a couple of games of dominos, and then began his second K'nex model using pulleys in his simple machines lesson.  The other day he made a flag pole using pulleys and today stared making a sailboat.  He had it all finished except for the pulley rigging and he took it home to have a sibling or two help him finish it.

Woody has spent some time outside today.  He attempted to blow leaves and acorns off our front walkway.  That job ended up being what I call a "Tom Sawyer job" as he didn't have to work at it very long till Nathan took over and Woody just supervised from the front porch.  He also did some grass seed planting hoping to have tomorrow's rains help get the seed started.  He also disappeared on me this afternoon and when he returned he had gotten some pine straw to put over the grass seed to keep it from washing away in tomorrow and Saturday's rains.

I have been trying to get a couple more Christmas items embroidered so I can take them with me on Saturday for the all-day sewing event.  So I have spent a good part of the afternoon in the sewing room.  Now tomorrow I'll get sewing notions together that I need to take with me on Saturday. Hopefully I will be able to complete a few Christmas items.  I decided that I needed to do the embroidery today in case tomorrow there are storms accompanying our rain.  I don't run my machines when it is storming.  I think that we are pretty much supposed to just have rain...lots of rain.

Nathan shared some turkey with us that I decided to turn into something that my mother used to make—creamed turkey on toast.  Of course, I had to make ours minus any dairy products...so used homemade chicken broth instead of milk.  It was quite tasty for a change of pace...guess it was our first taste of Thanksgiving...creamed turkey was usually one of the last tastes of Thanksgiving.  So it was a bit different having it before roasting our Thanksgiving turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment