Tuesday, October 22, 2019

A Day Late With Last Night's Photo

Here's the photo that I wanted to post yesterday to represent our rainy day...just a day late...no rain today!  But we did get more yesterday evening after I blogged.

Woody visited one of his Deacon family members today and then stayed close to home the rest of the day.  I stayed at home all day...my only venture out was to walk to the compost pile and take the garbage can out to the road for tomorrow's pick up.  I had a usual Tuesdat school day.  Elijah came over with his science school book and wanted to do some extra activities in his lesson about volcanos.  We looked up on Google Earth to see where the volcanoes were located that were on his list.  We also checked out to see how many volcanoes there are in the Philippines...good to learn about places they have traveled to already and ones that are upcoming trips.  He checked out some volcanoes in Iceland remembering about being on the edge of one of them and looking down in on green grass!  We printed pictures of the volcanos that he is going to find some facts about.  He is planning to make a book.  We made a start today.

At the moment we have four of the neighbor seven grandchildren over here.  The other three and their parents are at a worship service at the Baptist Collegiate Ministries Center at Motlow College.  It was funny when Esther went looking for a snack...not much to snack on around here, since most snack items are too salty to have around here.  But she did find a few saltines and some peanut butter that all four ended up snacking on...until saltines ran out...there weren't many!  But guess it met their snacking need!  I told them that it was good thing that I hadn't already dust mopped the floor...or I might be upset with all the crumbs!  At least they were dry crumbs and not sticky so an east sweep up after they finished.  Now some are creating with K'nex and others are playing on screens.  Woody is in his spot in the family room and I have retreated to my recliner upstairs...one has flopped down on the floor with me and the rest are in the living room downstairs...well dispersed!  I'm not sure how long the worship services go on...didn't think to ask that!

I got an email today saying that our back ordered shades for the sun porch had been shipped and should be here the first of next week.  We look forward to those as they will block both heat and cold...hopefully getting here and installed by Nathan before it gets very cold here in Middle Tennessee.

No comments:

Post a Comment