Monday, October 21, 2019

Rainy Tennessee Day

I had another photo picked out and I can't get our laptop to cooperate to send it to my iPad..so there is more than one way to accomplish a task...usually!  This time last went to Facebook and found one of my photos that I had posted another year in the Fall.  So this one will have to do.  So far there just isn't much color around here.  I'm wondering if our extreme dryness is going to keep us from seeing much color this year...or if the color is still coming?

This is the first time in a long time that we have had a really good rain that lasted for several hours.  It was hard for a while and then was just a gentle rain for the rest of the time.  We really need whatever rain we can get.

Woody has made a few phone calls checking on his Deacon families.  Most of the rest of the day he spent doing his daily crossword puzzles, watching some TV, and reading.  This evening he did head out in a light rain to go to the Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting.  He has just returned from that.

I had school this morning.  Joseph still wasn't feeling the best so Isaac took up Joseph's time and worked on his school work that he usually does at home along with working on his spelling with me and doing some reading outloud.  Joseph, Isaac, and Esther were all feeling a little puny yesterday and stayed home with me while the rest of their family headed off in the afternoon for a juggling gig at a Fall Festival at a church in Alabama.  This is a busy time of year for the Dazzling Dorrells.  They are much in demand at Fall Festivals in various towns in various states.  The three kids and I had a pretty quiet time yesterday afternoon and evening.  Isaac and Esther were feeling better this morning. And, Joseph got to feeling better as the morning wore on.  Esther had her long time wih me.  She did some painting with her water color pencils and then we did a color experiment.  It used milk, food coloring, and dish washing soap.  It made very pretty swirls of color in the milk.  She ended up taking  coffee filters and dipping them in the color swirls and transferring the colors to the paper.  I think that she may use these colored papers in another artwork project...we'll see where her imagination takes her!  The papers have dried and I have stacked them up for her next art time over here.

I did a little in the kitchen this afternoon...needed to cook more rice for the chicken gumbo and also needed to make Woody some more red pepper sauce.  I made a large batch and put some in the refrigerator to use now and froze some more for a future time when he runs out.  I got that mess cleaned up and didn't make a big mess for supper as we had chicken gumbo for supper.  The kitchen is all cleaned up and "put to bed" for today...as long as Woody doesn't make any more messes in there tonight!  I came upstairs and read and rested for a while.  A friend just called and we made plans for Saturday.  This Saturday is the yearly "Sew Super Saturday" that a local quilt guild has each year and I am invited to go as a guest once again!  I look forward to it each year.  Now to get things gathered together to sew on for Saturday...have lots of gathering of supplies and possible projects to do.  That's one of the reasons that I have been trying to get Christmas ornaments machine embroidered so I can do the machine sewing to finish them at this event.  I have several ready to go so that is good.  I also have a little wall hanging that I want to do for the kitchen so might work on that...

No comments:

Post a Comment