Monday, October 28, 2019

Sunshine after a Rainy Weekend

There's starting to be some color.  This tulip poplar (TN state tree) is right outside our bedroom window and as the sun hit it late this afternoon, it's golden colors definitely shone through.  The day started out foggy...due to all the moisture in the air after all the rain that we got over the weekend.  By mid morning the sun had broken through and it has been a very blue sky fall day.

I had school today on a normal Monday schedule.  This is Esther's long time.  She painted a couple of pictures.  It is the start of secret projects and Esther decided that at least one of her paintings was going to be a Christmas present.  While she painted, I started putting things away from my Saturday sewing event.  I just hadn't felt like doing that yesterday.  Yesterday I adapted one of our soup recipes so Woody can have it—Shanghai Pork Stew.  It came out pretty good and as he says it is filling.  I had planned to make some potato soup for me today, but our celery disappeared from the refrigerator...I guess the celery snitch didn't realize that I had plans for those stalks of celery.  I guess I will put my soup on hold till we get some more.

While I was putting things away in the sewing room, I decided to make one of the little sewing projects that we got at Sew Super Saturday—a mug rug (coaster) that is made out of 5 five-inch squares.  It turned out cute.  I still have two other quick projects...but I should be working on Christmas rather than these!  These could be Christmas, but so far I haven't thought about who they could be for...or who might want them!

Woody went to the Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting after supper.  He has just returned from it so I guess we are settling in for another quiet evening.  Not much happening...per usual!  I'm trying to finish a book.  Woody finished one earlier and has already started another one.  He also has the TV going so he is probably multi-tasking.

Yesterday I had an enjoyable evening talking with two sewing friends who I rarely see these days.  The first friend just lives in the next town over and she usually attends Sew Super Saturday, but didn't this year. I private messaged her on Facebook to tell I had missed seeing her and we ended up
"talking" quite a long time.  When we finished, I decided that I would call my friend Connie who lives in Alabama now.  She first invited me to Sew Super Saturday years ago.  I called her to let her know what all we did this Sew Super Saturday and to catch up with her.  We had a nice long talk too. So it turned into a "sewing chat" evening!  It was fun to catch up with both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment