Saturday, October 5, 2019

Tea & Cookies & A Kitchen Viewing


The Hasty's came over today to see the kitchen.  They wanted to see it for the first time when it was completely finished.  With the hanging of the clock last night, it was at long last complete so they could come check things out!  We invited them for tea and cookies.  Linda was the person who encouraged me years ago to go for a kitchen makeover...and I finally followed through with her advice.  She was also the person who said that she saw the kitchen in golden yellow tones...those were the colors that we love so it was easy to go from there!  It just took a long time making decisions and then finally making that decision to go through with it and contact a contractor to actually do the job.  I have been gathering ideas, paint chips, etc. for years.  They built a house in the meanwhile and I got to go check out their dream kitchen to help me finalize some of my decisions.  I know that they were responsible for the relocation my tray shelves.  The contractor wanted them over the refrigerator.  Linda said, "too high" and suggested that we put them in the pantry...the perfect place and the contractor easily made the changes.  Linda went over our kitchen blue prints with a fine tooth comb and pointed out things that were positives and negatives and then I worked with the contractor from there.  She and Doyle have been following the progress on the blog, but today was the first time that they got to see it in 3-D and touch!  I think that we got a thumbs up from both of them. After looking at the kitchen, the four of us adjourned to the living room and enjoyed cookies (I felt they needed to test something produced in the kitchen before they could put their total approval on the renovation project!) We enjoyed catching up, sipping iced tea on this hot day and nibbling on a variety of cookies.  I think that favorites were: for Linda and me = chocolate chocolate chip; for Doyle = oatmeal; for Woody = snickerdoodles.  Oh, and, Woody sipped on ice water.  He is not a fan of tea in any form!


No comments:

Post a Comment