Monday, October 7, 2019

Actually Feels Like Fall...BUT...

Well, it may feel like Fall today, it certainly doesn't look like Fall!  I borrowed this photo from a year in the past.  I wonder if we will have pretty colors this year since it has been so dry.  We had our first real rain in a couple of months last night.  It was so good to be awakened to the rain pounding on the windows.  Now...one sound I could do without is that of falling acorns on the roof...they really make a racket and they are really falling at this time. The squirrels should be in heaven there are so many of them.  Woody has been keeping the leaf blower plugged in so he can blow off the sidewalk to our driveway...trying to keep one of us or anyone from falling due to rolling on acorns underfoot!  They can be dangerous!


I started to put a photo of Isaac on tonight's blog...but he looked so miserable in it that I decided not to!  Friday night just as I was posting the blog, I heard a loud outcry between our house and Nathan and Kathy's.  I tried to look out to see which child it was...thought that it was one of the younger boys...really thought that it was Joseph.  I couldn't see out the window as it had gotten too dark.  I hurried down the stairs to see if my aid was needed.  By the time that I got out the door and into our front yard, the crying had ceased...outside at least...so I knew that whoever it was had gotten inside.  I decided that they were probably in good hands so came back inside.  But not long after I went back in, Joy and Elijah came bursting in the house telling me that I needed to go to their house to see Isaac's swollen lip.  So off I went.  And, sure enough, there was Isaac with an ice pack on his lips and blood all over his camo shirt (camo even camos blood!).  He and Joy had been playing softball and Joy pitched a ball when he was in the batter's box too far and it didn't whiz by him...instead it landed
right on his mouth.  There was much concern about one of his front teeth (same one he chipped earlier in the summer).  Kathy had sent a photo to the dentist's office and someone in the office sent it to the dentist.  He was on his way out of town but hadn't left yet, so he decided to make a house call to check to see in person how bad it was!  Ever heard of a dentist making a house call before?!?  The tooth wasn't as loose as the dentist feared by the photo so gave Isaac instructions to not run around playing for TWO WEEKS!  And, to eat only soft food for the same amount of time!  He is to have an X-ray done of his tooth tomorrow to make sure that the root isn't damaged.  He is also on an antibiotic.  I know this dentist explained to me this summer that the body can try to reject a tooth that is injured so they give an antibiotic to try to prevent that from happening.  Always something next door!  But Kathy said that that was the most blood she had seen in all her mothering days!  He still has very swollen lips on one side but seems to be doing okay...and the tooth seems to have tightened up.

Yesterday was an exciting day for Abigail.  She celebrated her 16th birthday just a bit early as this was the best Sunday for her to have a party.  She planned the party herself.  They had it at the church ministry center.  She invited friends, family, special folk in her life, etc.  I haven't uploaded the pictures yet...will do that and share in tomorrow's blog.  Most of her volleyball team came and they went outside and played volleyball after spaghetti, salad, garlic bread, and cake and ice cream.  Abigail made one of her special cheesecakes.  Spaghetti has always been Abigail's favorite meal and she almost always chooses it for her birthday meal so it was a very Abigail-party! Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves...especially the birthday girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment