Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Mooooovin' on into October

Woody had an early appointment at the Oncology clinic here in town.  He goes there for lab work, a shot for his anemia and also gets a B-12 shot.  He goes once a month and every third visit sees a doctor.  I "think" that winds up his scheduled appointments till the end of the month.

My morning task was to do "something" with some chicken breasts that were in the refrigerator.  I skinned them, deboned them, and then cooked part of them.  I made an easy recipe called Garlic Chicken.  You dip them in garlic infused olive oil and then in bread crumbs that have a little Parmesan cheese mixed in.  Then you bake them in a fairly hot oven.  They came out quite tasty.

After lunch, Elijah, Isaac, and Joseph came over to spend the afternoon.  The rest of the family were doing an after school back yard Bible club at one of the local elementary schools.  I left Woody in charge of the boys, when I headed out to work in the library.  Donna and I didn't have a lot to do there today so we didn't stay very long.  When Kathy got home, she and Graham needed to go pick up their camper so the three boys and I went over to their house.  They were ready to spend some time at home.  I read and worked some on this week's Sunday School lesson.

After supper, I decided that I "needed" something chocolate so I decided to make some Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies—a new recipe.  The dough is chilling while I blog.  I will go down and clean up the kitchen while they are baking.  This recipe got rave reviews on AllRecipes.com. I guess we will see if the reviews were correct.  Well, tonight it will be just me deciding, as this isn't a "Woody friendly" recipe.  We do still have cookies in the freezer that he can eat, so if he feels neglected I'll get into the freezer stash...maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment