Monday, November 25, 2019

Getting Ready

We have rolls!  They came out of the oven just before another of Abigail's cheesecakes got put into our oven.  The other cooking that I plan to do today is to put together the pie crust dough and wrap each on in individual discs in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator until I am ready to make pies on Wednesday.  I haven't made them ahead before, but from what I read it should work.  The shortening and butter is all measured out and in the freezer...another suggestion that one recipe suggests.  I am also going to make the pastry in the food processor...not something that I usually do, but considering that I am making five pies, it seems that it "should" be faster.  Now we will see if I am happy with the resulting product!  Won't know till we cut into them on Thursday...and take that first taste!  I do know that the rolls are good.  I did sample one to "make sure" they were good!

Woody visited with a widow in his Deacon family today and took her some church literature.  Then later in the afternoon he took his friend to run an errand.  He got home in time to eat some supper and then head to Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting.  He is home and we are settled in for a quiet evening.  Right now he is reading.  I guess I am gong to get the cheesecake out of the oven and then se about putting these pie crust ingredients together.  'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment