Tuesday, June 29, 2021

And, The Week After Wedding Progresses All Too Quickly!

Goodbyes were said to Rachel this morning. She left before Woody's surgery was finished. Woody and I left the house around 6am. We drove up to the surgery center and were met by a nurse to check him in and check temperatures. She got a wheel chair so he didn't have to use his walker to get in. She let me go in while he filled out his paperwork and I stayed there till he was called back...around 7am. The surgeon called around 10am to say surgery was finished and successful...although...he was not able to do it laparoscopically...so bigger incision/s...I'll find out more when we remove the dressing on Thursday. One more time I will remind folk...I am NOT a nurse!!! Nathan brought him home around 12:30pm. Graham and Elijah came over to help Nathan get the wheelchair up the front steps! They made the job so much easier than the last time when I attempted to help! Woody's throat is very sore and I am now having trouble getting him to eat/drink anything. The biggest surprise came this morning when I got a call from the dialysis center...they want him to come in the morning at 5:15am...how in the world?!? I asked Nathan to rise a little earlier than usual and come get him in the wheel chair and take him to dialysis. We will see if that will work! I'll let you know tomorrow! Tomorrow is another day, as Scarlett would say! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment