Saturday, June 12, 2021

Saturday

Another busy day. My major accomplishment of the day was to complete the knit top to wear with my kimono jacket to the wedding...both pieces are hanging up and ready for two weeks from yesterday! Got them made with time to spare! Woody headed off to dialysis around 11 and didn't return till after 4...a long aternoon for him, I am sure! I had been wanting to make some potato soup for some time and finally found the time this afternoon after I got my sewing finished. Of course, the tempertures are rising so not sure how happy I will be eating hot soup on these hot days...but it is made. The dishes are washing with a few that didn't fit in waiting for me to wash them by hand. I was glad that it was time to blog as I needed to sit and rest! Besides still needing to clean some in the kitchen, I also have the sewing mess to clean up. I might make another knit top before I totally put all sewing away...but then there are things that I could be doing to get ready for my AZ company. Melany is going to come tomorrow morning to work in the garden...going to come early to try to beat the heat. She will watch our church service with us. Wade is planning to go to his mother's assisted living to watch their church service with her. We will leave Melany to her own devices while we go to Sunday School. Woody finished another church library book and started on another...I think that he is speeding through that one, too. Before I started making the potato soup, I made a quick trip to the public library to return three books that Woody had checked out several weeks ago. He had renewed the once and I think that they were due again so I decided that it would be a good idea to return them since he was finished with them. I had started one of them, but decided to request that title from the online library so I will finish it when it becomes available as an e-book. I find that I enjoy reading e-books better than "in-hand" books...for one reason holding a book really bothers my left hand and also I read e-books faster because I read them on the screen in the landscape position and the pages are divided into two columns...so I can read the columns faster than reading the lines that run across a page that is in portrait. Since I have been sewing, I have sort of put my cross stitch on the back burner, though I do have a new cross stitch ornament started...just haven't gotten very far on it. I have been doing a bit more reading when I take a break from sewing. I haven't read this year like I did last year...but getting back to it. I don't know if I will make my usual goal of at least a book a week or a total of 52 books in a year. Last year I more than doubled that goal...so I guess it is okay to back off from my reading just a little! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment