Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Surgery Date Set

Woody had an early appointment with the surgeon who will fix the leak/tear in his peritoneum. This is the surgeon who put in his peritoneal catheter for his home dialysis. He is also my former Montessori student...that makes him a special surgeon! Woody said that I didn't need to go with him which made me concerned about getting information from Woody when he got home! But he got the essential information and relayed it to me. His surgery is set for June 22...so two weeks from yesterday. That is also the day that Cheryl arrives from AZ! Thank goodness that we had already made plans for Melany to pick Cheryl up from the airport and bring her here! Back to the surgery...Dr. Thomason has performed repairs of the peratoneum before. It will be done laproscopically at a local surgery center rather than at the local hospital. It is much like a hernia repair. I will drop him off at the surgery center and then I think I will go back home and Nathan will be on call to pick him up since I will need help getting him back into the house. We won't know a time till the day before the surgery when we will get a call with the details. Woody got home from his appointment just as I was ready to leave for the church library. I helped him get inside and found out some of the details about the surgery and then headed to the library. Donna and I worked until we were stopped from continuing because we still don't have a printer. And, the staff member who plans to help us get a new printer set up was in there attempting to set it up...but it looks like our computer is too old to accept this particular printer...hoping that he can find an older printer amongst the discarded ones that our computer can communicate with! Time will tell. We are pretty spoiled by being able to print out labels...don't know what we will do if we have to go back to typing them...or worse yet writing by hand on the pockets and cards! I came home and got Woody some lunch and then I put together an Italian casserole using the spaghetti sauce that I had left over after I froze the rest of it. That made a tasty lunch for me. I have only had a little time to do much sewing. I'm hoping to get back to it after I publish this. I have started applying the interfacing, but still have the looooooong piece to cut out. Once the interfacing is ironed onto the various pieces and has cooled and dried completely, then it will be time to get started on the sewing. I did stop and buy a spool of thread to match the fabric on my way home from the library...so I should be good to go once I have both machines (sewing machine and serger) threaded. This is a very simple pattern so it should go quickly once I finally get underway with it...famous last words! I just talked to Melany and things are going fast furious in the final stretch of wedding planning. Today they went to the wedding venue to make sure that all is in order. I think they came away happy. Wedding, surgery, sewing, getting ready for "company," other appointments...lots happening! Woody's surgey and Cheryl comes two weeks from yesterday and Rachel arrives two weeks from tomorrow and the wedding is two weeks from Friday! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment