Saturday, June 5, 2021

Simply Saturday

Today started out with cooking, too. It was breakfast sausage making time. Kroger finally had the ground pork that I use to make Woody's breakfast sausage. I closed out yesterday's cooking by mixing the ground pork, spices and eggs together and putting them in the refrigertor to be ready to be made into patties and cooked this morning. Once Woody was fed and the kitchen was cleaned up, again, I did a few other things around the house. Woody left for today's dialysis treatment a little after 11am. While he was gone I did some more things around the house...at least for a little while. I decided that it was time to clean the ovens. I used the steam cleaning on the top oven and that worked really well. I decided to do the same for the bottom oven...it did okay. I will need to use the high heat method if I really want it totally clean...a job for another day. I went upstairs and decided that I would do a little cross stitch before I attacked the next job around the house. That didn't happen as all of a sudden I got really sick to my stomach...not what I had planned for the afternoon. So once that feeling was over, I just sat quietly in my recliner and rested with my eyes closed. After I rested for a while, I felt better and was able to do a few things this afternoon. I deadheaded my new flowers and watered the hanging baskets since they don't get wet when it rains. Flowers still look good...haven't killed them yet! Woody came home from dialysis spent as he usually is after hemodialysis. They didn't give him his next appointment...probably the scheduler wasn't there since it is Saturday? I know that it will be Monday or Tuesday...only problem is that there are appointments on the calendar for both those days and it would have been nice to know if we need to adjust times and/or days. The one appointent is at Fresenius, except with his PD nurse so if it should conflict with that one, the appointment can probably happen while he is in the dialysis chair. I'm pretty sure that we will still have that appointment even though he is, for the moment, on hemodialysis, since we have records that need to be turned in for the PD dialysis that he did have since the last time that we saw then. Also, since they want him to go back on PD dialysis they will continue to monitor him. Home dialysis is at one end of the building and Hemodialysis is at the other end with a door connecting them and they work together...at least to a point. I guess we will see come Monday when perhaps they will tell us when he is to come in again. His appointment with the nurse is fairly early so we will just ask when we are there as to what day/time his next treatment is and I'm sure that his nurse can find out. We are all settled in for the night. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment