Friday, June 11, 2021

Friday Once Again

It seems like it was just Friday a couple of days ago and here it is Friday again! The days and weeks are just flying by these days. Does that mean that I am getting old?!? I have spent most of the day sewing. I have finished my kimono "jacket" and am getting ready to mak a knit top. I have the fabric on the cutting table and the pattern pieces are out...that is where I am on my next wedding sewing. Woody has spent a good portion of the day reading. When I walked through the family room a little while ago, it looked like he is about to finish another book and this one he just started yesterday. I checked out several books for him when I worked at the church library earlier this week. Today has been one of the rare days for him that he didn't have to go any where medically related! While I was hemming the sleeves on the "jacket," I started making a list of possible things that we will eat while Cheryl and Rachel are here. I did order one of Abigail's cheesecakes to have while they are here. Abigail is making cheesecakes for a fundraiser for her youth minister and his family. They are leaving our church and going on the mission field in France to work with refugees, so Abigail is making her yummy cheesecakes to help support their new ministry. Nathan, Kathy, Esther and Elijah stopped by this afternoon and visited for a few minutes. They had a bounty of groceries that had been given to them through a local food drive and shared some of it with us. They have helped out this particular church...Nathan sharing the gospel both in their church and during food drives...so when they went by today the minister of the church told the folk giving out the food to give Nathan's family double! And, double was a lot, even for their family of nine! So they decided to share some. This particular food drive is food that different local grocery stores give to a local church to be given away. This has been going on during the pandemic. Sometimes it is strange things...like prickly pear blossoms...Nathan and family made syrup with those some time back...but not something that just everyone would know what to do with! Today they got a couple of flats of cilantro! They knew not to bring us any of that as neither of us like cilantro...it tastes like soap to us...with cilantro either you like it or you really don't like it! They knew that the lady across the street from us loves to make salsa so they shared a flat with her family. Anyway, we got our groceries topped off with fresh cherries, raspberries, a carrot cake, some lettuce that is all prepared to be used as lettuce wraps, some gold potatoes, a cantelope-type melon, some individual containers of Oui yogurt, etc. Nice additions to the choices in our refrigerator! I guess it is time to go out and deadhead some of our flowers...it isn't raining at the moment so a good time to do it. I think that maybe the rain is over for a while. We had a really good rain early this morning. That is what got me up and going...I woke up early and was reading a book on my iPad and I got a drop-down message on my iPad that a storm was approaching. I checked the radar and saw that it was still a little way off so I decided to get busy and get the last sewing maching sewing done before the storm hit as I don't run my machine when storms are happening...they get unplugged during storms...don't want to take a chance of a surge of electricity to go through them...don't totally trust surge protectors! So I got that sewing done and the rest was hand sewing to get it finished. It was good to see the sun out this afternoon...haven't seen a lot of the sun lately. The flowers and herbs are loving all the rain! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! P.S. I'm laughing...I went out to deadhead the gerber daisies and was walking back to the compost pile and there was a big clap of thunder...guess the storms haen't quite passed us by yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment