Wednesday, June 30, 2021

More Excitement Than Expected

Our choice of excitement: quiet time on the front porch. But Woody decided to spice things up a bit and wake me up a little after 3pm saying that he thought he needed to go to the ER...that he needed a catheter. The ER agreed with him! I will say that perhaps the magic words to get out of the ER quickly..."Dialysis" in a little over an hour! Worked like a charm...of course it was a slow time in the ER. They released him and we headed to dialysis. He was only a few minutes late for his 5:15 treatment. I headed home and got his morning meds, his throw, and a book and took them back to him. I left out that we called Nathan to come help us get him to the hospital. Nathan and Woody and the wheelchair headed to the hospital and I followed. They were in getting hin signed in when I got there and Nathan left after that. Nathan picked up Woody after dialysis was finished and got him home and in the house with a bit of help from Cheryl and me. Nothing on the agenda for tomorrow...I hope and pray!!! We also had a day of medical calls...I called the surgeons office and the peritoneal dialysis nurse. His dialysis nutritionist and the surgeon and Woody's urologist called us. The surgeon told him to come in sometime on Friday and he would take the catheter out. Woody is rather uncomfortable due to his surgical incisions...but this too shall pass...not soon enough for Woody, I'm sure! Melany and Erin came midmorning and stayed till supper time. We had a good visit. Melany and Erin will come back on Friday and take Cheryl to the airport. Tonight's photo I took with my iPad just a few minutes ago...porch sitting for one of the last times for Cheryl...her time here is winding down. I am hoping for a complete night's sleep...no early morning off to the ER or dialysis! The early hours of the last few days has about gotten me down! Woody doesn't have dialysis till Saturday and has it late morning once again. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment