Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Blindsided & Overwelmed

This morning Woody and I both had places to be at 9:30am. Woody headed towards the local hospital to have an ultra sound of his thyroid. I headed towards the church library. The library is where we got rather overwhelmed with unexpected discoveries. There is still an attempt being made to get a printer connected to our computer. Today there was a different one than he had been trying to get connected last week. We had hopes that "things" were looking up. But not long after Donna and I went into the library he came in saying that he still hadn't been able to get the printer and computer "talking" to each other. He kept working and Donna and I straightened shelves. At a point Donna decided to turn on the computer that we use to enter the books (different from the one that he was trying to connect to the printer...but connected information wise to the main computer). Well, she sat down and attempted to turn on the computer and it wouldn't come on. She crawled down under the table and attempted to unplug it and replug it in...still nothing. At this point, I went to our third computer that we use as a card catalog for our patrons. It turned on but the only thing that told us it was on was the fan running and the monitor wouldn't come on. We have no idea what is going on or if these two computers will ever be usable again. Once he solved the printer problem, he was going to check out the problems with the other two. It definitely left us with a sinking feeling. If there is one positive thing about all this...it is that the main computer is the one with the library information in it and it is still running so we haven't lost all. We both just walked away from it leaving it in his hands...hopefully tbe problems will be solvable...time will tell, but we certainly weren't expecting all these computer problems when we headed in to do library work this morning! For the moment I am going to put library problems behind me and focus on getting ready for company and a wedding! After I left the library, I stopped at the shoe store and did exchange the shoes for the next size up. I was going to run an errand to WalMart, but in the end headed home because I was thirsty and wanted to get a drink before I went shopping. I was glad that I did as when I got home, Nathan, Kathy, Joy, Esther, and Elijah were at our house doing several things that Woody had asked them to do. Woody still wasn't home from his ultra sound. He did get home before they left and he sat on the front porch till they headed off. He got out of the car and announced to everyone that "it was a boy!" (In reference to his ultrasound!) We had lunch and then I headed off to do some shopping at WalMart. I got what I needed and included three or four food items that should get us through till I head off to do our grocery shopping on Friday or Saturday. I got what I needed to make the enchiladas...tortillas and ice cream for Woody's protein shakes and milk for his protein pancakes. I plan to make the enchiladas tomorrow. I'm hoping that I will get a couple of pans of them...then I can freeze one and that could be an option while Cheryl and Rachel are here. I don't have any menus set in stone...guess we will just play meals by ear! My sister emailsed me that she was glad that the spoons were polished (explanation in last night's blog)! Before I put away the silver polish this afternoon, I polished several silver bells...figured that everything needed to be shiny for my guests! I guess I will head downstairs now and clean up the kitchen. I have left the counters a mess as I haven't had time to unload the dishwasher today...will do that and reload and get the counters cleared off as I need to get up in the morning and make Woody's high protein pancakes prior to making enchiladas. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment