Tuesday, June 22, 2021

The Day and Almost the Time Has Come!

Cheryl is getting closer as I type...she is due to land in a little over an hour. Her flight was a bit late leaving Phoenix, but due to tail winds the lateness of their leaving won't make a huge difference. She texted that it was extremely hot in the plane as they waited to take off. I think she was glad to have to tell me that she was putting her phone into airplane mode. When Cheryl was texting me that she was in the plane but not leaving yet, Rachel messaged me that she had landed safely in Philly. I will admit that I am not as far in what I had planned to do as I wanted to be. I had to sit down and rest a few minutes so decided that "blog time" was a good time to rest.My mother always said that a 20 min. rest and she was good to go once again...we'll see if that works for me this time. My back is really complaining at the moment...not sure it is going to cooperate about running the vacuum tonight or not! It got to the point today that the house looked worse than it had in forever...all the cleaning stuff around, etc. Once all that is put into its closet then things will look better...I hope! I made a casserole for tomorrow night's supper and now the kitchen is upside down...again! I have one last load of clothes in the dryer and I will be done with washing for several days. Woody said that today's dialysis treatment did him in...he was really spent when he got home, but has revived some since coming home, eating and resting. While he was at dialysis, he got the call about next week's surgery. At least they didn't make us wait till the day before to tell us instructions and the time. He has to be there at 6:30am...maybe he is first on the docket...hope so. Tomorrow he goes to Tennessee Oncology for labs and his next Keytruda infusion and to see his oncologist. Doctors! Doctors! Doctors! Appointments! Appointments! Appointments! I just got a text from Erin. She said that she and her mom are on their way to the airport...the time of the visit is getting nearer. I know that the time Cheryl and Rachel are here will go by all too fast. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment