Monday, June 7, 2021

Fruit Basket Turnover

Instead of fruit basket turnover we played appointment turnover today. At the moment the hemo dialysis clinic is full up and they just have to work Woody in which makes it hard to manage other appointments. This morning we had an appointment on our calendar with our Peritoneal Dialysis nurse...which I wondered whether we still had that appointment or not since he is now at least temporarily a hemodyalisis patient. But we hadn't been told not to come and we have records this month that hadn't been turned in so we headed out a little before 9am. When I called into the clinic to tell them that we were here, I was met with a sort of silence and then asked to hold. I told Woody that I was pretty sure that we weren't supposed to come for this appointment. In a few minutes one of the nurses came out and told us that while Woody is on temporary hemodialysis that we didn't have appointments in the peritoneal part of the clinic. I told him that I felt like we were in "no man's land" and that he didn't belong any where! I told him that Woody didn't even have his next appointment for dialysis that should happen either today or tomorrow. He did go back in and check with the hemo dialysis nurse and came back out to say that they would call us to set up the appointment, but that it would probably be tomorrow at 12:15pm. We left and went to get gas in the car as I had an appointment in Murfreesboro tomorrow morning...so going out wasn't totally wasted! We got the gas and headed home to wait for the call for dialysis appointment time. It wasn't too long after we got back home that one of the hemodialysis nurses called and said that his appointment was for 11:30 tomorrow morning. Well, that meant that there was no way...or it would be cutting it close for me to have a 10am appointment and get home by 11:30. I had already told Woody that if it interfered with my appointment that it wasn't really a problem and that I could easily reschedule or just skip mine. It was to be with the dermatologist and I think that at this point that I have gotten the help that I needed from her and that it looks like my reaction to the vaccine is finally settling down. I was on hold for quite a while, but finally got through to the appointment scheduler at her office and cancelled the appointment. I didn't reschedule as at the moment there are so many appointments on the calendar that I am sure that I would just choose a day and time when it would conflict. I did ask if there were any appointments close to the one that Woody has next week and she said that there weren't. I then asked if there was a way that I could just message the doctor and let her know how I was doing. She then said that I could just go in with Woody next week and let her know how I was doing...we'll see...but that is a possibility. Of course, at this point, there is a chance that Woody's dialysis will conflict with his dermatology appointment! Come Wednesday and Woody's appointment with the surgeon...who knows what appointments will be bumped! Oh, and the hemodialysis nurse did appologize for having to leave us in the air about Woody's appointments, but she explained that they are just totally booked and that they are just having to work Woody in when there is a chair empty. This afternoon I started working with the pattern for what I want to make to wear to Alex and Brooke's wedding and I have the fabric draped on the cutting table and it looks like I have plenty of fabric (I was concerned that I didn't have enough because it wasn't as wide as I thought.). I am still thinking things through before I commit to cutting the fabric. I need to press the fabric and get it folded in half and all smooth to be able to pin the pattern on it. But still contemplating the fit of the size that I have chosen and the one alteration that I made. Woody has spent most of the afternoon reading. I think that he finished another book. He is at the Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting at the moment. I guess you could say that we have had a busy day of doing not a lot...but having to do all this rearranging of appointments wears me out! But I guess it is our lot at least for the time being. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment