Friday, June 4, 2021

Busy Food Day

I guess I didn't get up and moving quickly enough today, as Woody got his own breakfast this morning. I was afraid to say anything before today, but wanted to say that today he had no appointments...but was afraid that I would jinx it and appointments would come out of the woodwork! But keeping quiet about must have worked as he was able to actually stay at home today. My first task of the day was to get some homemade vanilla pudding made for a friend. Marie and I took a meal to one of our Sunday School members who had recently had surgery. I wanted to get it in the refrigerator so it would be chilled by the time we took it late this afternoon. After I got that done, it was time to finalize the grocery list. Woody did the digital coupons and ran off a copy for me to shop with. Then it was off to the Credit Union and then Kroger. When I got home I brought in the bags of food and put away all the cold and forzen things, before I got Woody's lunch. Finally they were all put away. I try not to "have" to cook on days that I get groceries, but today was a day that I needed to cook as the cupboards were pretty bare. I made Woody Spicy Beef and Vegetable soup and I got a pot of chicken stock simmering as I was out of that and don't like to be without as many of my recipes call for it. It is still simmering. It will be finished after many hours of simmering when I finish writing tonight's blog. I will go down and strain it and then rapidly cool it by putting the pot in the sink and surrounding it with cold water and ice. I may be able to go on and freeze some it tonight if it gets cold enough to skim the fat away...if not I will put it in the refrigerator over night and skim the fat off tomorrow and start freezing it in two cup batches. So my "cooking Friday" isn't over yet. I still have some dishes to wash as many didn't fit into the dishwasher. I'm writing the blog and resting my back before I begin my next kitchen time. Woody will have dialysis tomorrow...then we will see if his next one is Monday or Tuesday...hopefully we will know if he is on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule or a Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday schedule. Well, I guess I have rested enough and had better go down and finish up in the kitchen so I can finally collapse in my recliner for the rest of the evening...no time to get to do another step on my sewing today...maybe tomorrow? Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment