Monday, June 14, 2021

Another Monday!

Monday came once again and has almost gone! Today has mostly been a stay at home day...at least till just a little while ago...Woody has gone to church for the Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer meeting. He also planned to get gas while he was out as he said that he was running on fumes in the green car. One of my first tasks of the day was to reschedule Woody's dermatology appointment. He finally decided that it probably wouldn't be possible to have an appointment at 10:30 in Murfreesboro and an 11:30 appointment in Tullahoma. I called the dermatologist's office this morning and rescheduled him for July...her earliest appointment was almost a month away. Melany came yesterday and did more weeding and also brought us a hydrangia to plant in the garden in front of the porch...very pretty. I'll have to take a picture of it. I watered plants this morning since we have so many new ones and despite the rain, the ground is not all that wet...and the high temperatures and sunshine will dry everything out pretty fast. It got to 90° yesterday and probably as much humidity! Today was a "little" cooler...only 89°! Melany arrived before 7am in order to work in the coolest part of the day. Woody and I went to Sunday School and then came home to watch our church service on Facebook live with Melany. We all sat on the front porch and watched and listened to the service. Then Melany went back to work in the gardens and I got our lunch ready. After lunch Melany went back to weeding and I worked on cleaning the wood railings on the front porch. Something I have done to get ready for company! Cheryl told me today that she thought that was all she would while here...porch sitting! I decided that I would put away sewing items along with fabric that I have bought earlier and haven't sewn yet...then I decided that I wanted to make a T-shirt out of one of the fabrics before I put it away...so that what I did with a good portion of the rest of my day...and, the t-shirt is now hanging in my closet. I shifted things around in my closet and added a few more spring/summer things and hunted for clothes hangers to share with my guests! This time I need to have hangers and space in two closets. The guest room closet is the place that I store my fabric stash...so pushed that to the ends of that closet leaving the middle for Cheryl to hang clothes. The closet in the office is where I usually store my off-season clothes...so once again pushed them to both ends of the closet and left the space in the middle for Rachel to use. And, now I am searching throughout closets for empty hangers...forcing myself in this effort to see if there aren't some items that really need to be thrown away...which if I do find such frees up more hangers! Method in my madness!?! I guess you could say that I am doing a little Spring cleaning as I prepare for my company! This evening I think I will finally get my fabric put away...that I started to put away prior to deciding that I wanted to sew a little more! Most of the time I take one step forward and two steps back! I made more mess to clean up since I decided to do some more sewing. We'll see what I manage to accomplish from this point till next Tuesday evening when Cheryl arrives. While I sewed I "thought" of things that I "probably" need to do prior to her arrival...but thinking isn't doing! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment