Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Beautiful Tuesday!

We woke up to much cooler weather...lots lower humidity. It was beautiful out when I went out to deadhead and water. Woody mentioned how nice it was out when he went to dialysis late this morning. Woody has been wanting enchiladas and today I cooked a pot roast so I could have the shredded beef for them. I've got to buy some tortillas and then I think that I am good to go for making them. I still have to make gravy from the liquid that I braised the roast in and also have to make some homemade enchilada sauce and grate some cheese and I will be able to put them together. Those tasks are for another day...perhaps tomorrow if I get a chance to stop at the store. When I was browning the roast prior to putting it in the oven, I ended up smoking up the kitchen so I opened one of the kitchen windows. Since I had the window opened, I decided that it was a good time to clean that window inside and out. I do like how easy it is to clean our windows...all from the inside. Easy but I doubt that I will get many more done. At least I have one sparkling clean window for my company!!! After lunch I headed off to get my hair cut...another "to-do" before the wedding that is now checked off! Needed that one clean to show off my new kitchen to Cheryl and Rachel! Really I had been planning to wash that window as I had a big ol' sticky spider web in it and had been wanting to get rid of that for a while...so really not a job that was only done for company! On my way home I stopped at the shoe store to see if they had some shoes that would fit me. I found some that I really like to wear to the wedding...but once I got them home and tried wearing them around in the house, I am doubting that they are the proper size...or perhaps they just need to be stretched? I called them and asked them to set aside the next size and I will stop there tomorrow on my way to or from the church library. They didn't have sandles that I wanted to fit me so they are ordering them in my size (I hope). A week from tonight, Cheryl's flight will be approaching the runway in Nashville...wedding visiting and festivities are just about upon us! I did do one job this afternoon that was "for" company...I polished my silver spoon collection...that "job" done or not done is a bit of a joke between Cheryl and me...so this time the "job" got done! Guess she can come now! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment