Monday, June 21, 2021

Welcome, Summer!

Summer is here! The day started out very summery...hot and humid...then a summer storm blew in...really a cool front...and, voilĂ ...the temperature dropped into the low 70s in just a few minutes. Tomorrow it isnt supposed to get out of the 70s...good welcome to someone coming to TN from AZ! Tomorrow at this time if all goes on schedule, Cheryl will be approaching the Nashville airport and Melany and Erin will be there waiting for her. She is "almost" packed. Packing isnt her favorite thing to do! Her room is almost ready for her...just a quick swipe or two of a Swiffer duster and it will be ready. Rachel's room is also almost ready. I am determined that before I go to bed the upstairs will be guest ready...we'll see if I manage that. I made a quick Walmart trip this morning...needed a few cleaning supplies and a couple of other things. I changed both guest beds...washed sheets, etc. The beds had clean sheets, but it has been so long since anyone has slept in them, I felt they needed freshening up. I've got a bit of a sewing mess on the long table in Rachel's room that I was just starting to straighten up when Woody came home from Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting. Tonight it was a prayer meeting of one...between a long morning of Bible School and the rain that poured down just as it was time to head to prayer meeting, Woody was the only one who made a showing tonight. After he got home, I made his supper shake and then realized it was time to blog so here I am...will head back to cleaning in a while. It is breakfast sausage making time so am going to get that mixed together tonight and I will cook them in the morning. It is also pancake making day tomorrow...those cooking tasks don't usually land on the same day...and that happening...would happen on a day I will be doing last minute things to get ready for company! Oh, well, such is life! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment