Thursday, June 10, 2021

Surgery Date Got Changed

Well, the surgery date set up yesterday didn't stay very long. We got a call this morning from the surgeon's office saying that he wanted to change it to June 29th. The reason being that he wanted to be able to block out more time for the surgery in case he needed it. I really think that the 29th works better on our calendar...the only other appointments that he has that week (at this point) are for dialysis. When it was scheduled for the week before, he also had dialysis plus his Keytruda infusion plus another doctor appointment and it was the day that my sister was arriving. Now it is the date that my niece is leaving...just too many things going on this month! So much is going on that my head is spinning! I decided that today would be a dedicated sewing day and I have accomplished quite a bit. I am ready to sew on the band that goes all the way around my garment. I just finished basting it on and I will take it to the sewing machine to sew it on after I publish the blog. After I get the band sewn on, I still have to sew it on again...well, this time it is the facing rather than the band...but pretty much the same thing! And, this band is looooong...over six feet long so it takes a bit to stitch around it...especially when doing it by hand like I just did to baste it on. After the band and the facing are sewn on then I just have to hem the sleeves and it will be finished...so I am getting pretty close to being finished...perhaps I will finish it tonight, but not sure. After that I have a knit to to make and then my wedding sewing will be finished. I decided that I would multitask while I was sewing and chose two things to do that all I had to do was push a couple of buttons and they would complete the task all by themselves. So while I sewed my oven cleaned itself and a load of clothes got washed and then dried. I have put the clothes away...that didn't happen at the push of a button. And, I still have to wipe out my oven. That can be done later...probably tomorrow. I want it to be totally cool before I do that job. This is my first self-clean oven and it really does a nice job...amazing really. This is only the second time that I have used that feature on my bottom oven and have yet to use it on my upper oven. The upper oven I have just used the steam cleaning feature...which also does a good job as long as the oven isn't really dirty. Woody went to dialysis a little after 11 and returned a little early. A clot developed in the dialysis line and since he was so close to finished they just disconnected him and sent him home a little early. The time for Cheryl and Rachel to arrive is getting closer. I talked to Cheryl today...we seem to talk more just prior to a visit! We will get a lot of visiting done in person very shortly...just ask Woody!!!! It will probably be nonstop talking and laughing for the days that they are here...plus a lot of porch sitting...I think that is what Cheryl looks forward to the most! Well, back to my sewing! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment