Saturday, June 19, 2021

Saturday Shopping

My day was mostly taken up by grocery shopping. First I had to finalize the list. Woody printed the e-coupons. Then I was on my way stopping first at the Credit Union. I had a pretty full shopping cart by the time I pulled into a check-out line. I will say that the checkout lady was very efficient and the bagger was good also. Last week the bags were put back into my cart going every which way which meant that when I picked them up things were spilling out. Today there was a method to his madness when he packed them and put them in the cart...things were put with like things and the bags were all in the cart upright. I got them all into my trunk and the back seat and then I was ready to head home to put them away...a task that seems to always take the longest...well, not quite as long as selecting the items in the store. I got all the cold things put away and then ate my lunch and then went back to put the rest away. It was good to take a break for a few minutes! By the time that I got home, Woody had already gone to dialysis. I got everything put away...and amazingly enough they all ended up having a place to be stored! I rested for a while after all that shopping effort...my eyes may have shut for a little while. After resting, Woody was still at dialysis so I headed to the kitchen to see what cleaning tasks I could do in there. I wiped off the outside of all the appliances and also cleaned the inside of the microwave and cleaned the filters in the dishwasher (not a favorite job...and I often forget about doing it as my last dishwasher didn't have filters to clean out...at least I didn't know it if it did!). I also wiped off all the lower cabinets. I want the kitchen to be all clean and shiny and new looking since neither Cheryl nor Rachel have seen it since we remodeled it in 2019. I will wipe off the upper cabinets tomorrow...think that I am pretty much done for today. I'm trying to pace myself! The countdown is really on now...Cheryl will be about to touch down in Nashville at this time three days from now. Melany and Erin plan to pick her up at the airport and bring her to our house. I've talked and/or texted several times today with Cheryl...especially when I was shopping...trying to get things that they like...like salad dressing and coffee creamer, etc. I have spent time in the kitchen today, but have done no cooking except for heating up items for breakfast, lunch and supper. I think that it is time for me to finish with the kitchen for today and plop in my recliner for most of the rest of the evening. Woody is watching a baseball game on TV and probably reading. He read over 100 pages during his dialysis time today. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment