Friday, June 18, 2021

Flitting From One Thing to Another!

Today I pretty much moved from one job to another...sometimes with a reason and sometimes not! Starting one job often got me started on another and perhaps I would finish the first job and sometimes not! I know that there was one thing that I started and then moved away from when I spotted something else to do. I know that I noticed later that it wasn't finished...and now...well, I can't remember what the job was to be able to go finish it! That's the way cleaning often goes for me. Today I dry mopped the sun porch and laundry room...before I ran a load of towels...so I could wash the mop pad...see my reasoning...going to wash towels and want to wash the mop so might as well get it a little dirtier before washing it! All the bathrooms will soon have clean towels as well as the kitchen. I still have to transfer the guest bathroom towels to the drier...but soon that job will be complete...and the guest towels won't have to be washed again before the guests arrive! So one job that is done and will stay done. Part of my problem at this point in getting ready for company is that if I do the job now...like dusting...it will just have to be done again...and at this point I don't want to be doing jobs twice...even if they probably need to be done now...the dust can stay on the furniture a couple more days and then I will only have to do it once...at least that is my thinking. The dining room table is ready...I washed the tablecloth and put it back on today...so that is ready for our meals. The only cooking task that I did today was to make croutons with some stale bread...so another task complete. Tomorrow will be a grocery store day...must get my list made...need to check planned meals and see what I need to get in order to complete each meal. Of course, I'm sure that there will be runs to the store after Cheryl and Rachel arrive. It is a proven fact that I do a lot more shopping when my sister is around than I do at any other time! I sat on the front porch a couple of times today to acclimate myself to the outside as Cheryl plans to spend a lot of time on the front porch. I continue to put things away...today moved some things from the front porch into the garage...extension cord, plant food, and ant killer...things that won't enhance our porch sitting! It was warmer today, but still quite pleasant on the front porch as there was a breeze blowing. Nathan stopped by. He was supposed to have Isaac with him as Isaac wanted to try an app to teach him coding and it only works on an iPad and they don't have an iPad. But Isaac ended going to friends with Kathy and part of the rest of the gang. I got Nathan to change a lightbulb while he was here and I am glad that he did as it ended up that he had to swap out a bulb from another light as the new lightbulb wouldn't let the globe go back on the light fixture. Well...it would go but he had to reach down in from the top and the positioning of the one fixture wouldn't allow him to do that so he did the swapping and solved my light bulb dilemna! So we can see in both of the upstairs bathrooms once again. Nathan is preaching at a revival in a little country church tonight, tomorrow night and Sunday morning and Sunday evening. Woody continues to speed through the books that I got for him earlier in the week. And, he has enjoyed the enchiladas that I made yesterday...I enjoyed them too! It is just good to have him enjoy food once again...and eat two helpings instead of just a bite or two. Tomorrow he will have dialysis as he is now on a Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday schedule. Guess I had better go transfer the guest towels into the drier so I will have the towel task completed today. I wonder if I will come across that job that I know that I didn't finish, but have now forgotten what it was! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment