Thursday, June 17, 2021

Cookin' Day!

This morning started out with me making Woody's high protein pancakes. Yesterday evening I put together the first part of the recipe for Sourdough English Muffins. That part of the recipe has to sit on the counter over night. This morning I put together the rest of the recipe and kneaded itvand cut the muffins to rise. By that time I decided it was time to go out to water the gardens...I even sprayed off the white car. Woody got a call from the dialysis center that they had an opening and would he like to come on in. He definitely didn't hesitate to head on in. So he was gone till around 1pm. I guess he got a complete treatment this time...last time his treatment was cut short due to another blood clot. He was close enough to finished that they didnt use the heparin to break up the clot. So he was home early on Tuesday...today was the full length of time. I told him that I was sure the morning was long for him, but it flew by for me. I had planned to have the enchiladas ready when he got home, but he had to wait a bit longer. It was quite a process to make the enchiladas...homemade gravy from the liquid the roast cooked in...homemade enchilada sauce...definitely a process! But...the end product was so worth it both Woody and I agreed! I made enough to freeze some for a meal while Cheryl and Rachel are here. So another meal partially cooked. I think there are only two more things that I plan to make before they get here...Mother's baked beans and a tuna dish. Of course...those are current plans...could add to those plans on a whim! I have had dirty dishes overload...thank goodness for a dishwasher! I still have some of the large pans awaiting me...I had to come upstairs and rest for a while after the marathon cooking day! Woody is reading a lot. I brought him home a stack of books yesterday and when I last walked by, he was about to finish one of those already. I'm glad he is enjoying reading again. Also his appetite has improved...very glad about that! Guess I have rested enough...back to the kitchen and clean up duty! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment