Thursday, March 3, 2022

17 Days Away

Another beautiful Spring-teaser-of-a day...beautiful! We fot into the upper 70's today. Today can make one a believer that Spring is only 17 days away. We have had a fairly peaceful-stay-at-home day. Woody spent some time with the bandage off of his arm letting it get some air and dry out a bit more when not under the bandage. It doesn't look too bad. Now, if you were to walk into the room and see him sitting there with no bandage on his arm, I am pretty sure that your eyes might stray to it...it is a fairly large wound. But I do think that it looks better than yesterday...so the healing process is underway. Woody always amazes me at how well and quickly he heals considering how many problems he has throughout his body. Nathan stopped by, again, today. He hurt his back doing a farm chore and is using the inversion table that I was gifted, but I am not using it...so guess it is good that someone is. In the last two days I have gotten back to doing a little cooking. I turned two leftovers into other dishes...turned the last of the pot roast into enchiladas and turned the last of the lima beans into succatash...using up some items from our freezer. I needed to use up some things in the freezer to be able to make room in the freezer for a pan of enchiladas. I still haven't done much stitching...whenever I sit down to stitch, I find my eyes closing. We had another short night of sleep as Woody got sick in the middle of the night...guess it was at a time when he had too much dialysis fluid in him...never sure. He doesn't have nausea...just gets sick and then feels fine. It was early enough this morning that we both could have gone back to sleep, but didn't. This afternoon, I decided to go outside and take some of our flowers that are blooming. Flowers are really popping up all over...wonderful to have color added to our yard after not much color this winter. I decided to use my micro 4/3 cameras (the kind of interchangable lens cameras that I have...mine are mirrorless...much lighter than DSLRs (both the cameras and lenses). I came on board with the mirrorless the year that they came out...perhaps the next...but my red micro4/3 mirrorless was the first model that Panasonic came out with...the Lumix G1 (I got mine in 2009)...and I have stuck with their cameras ever since...both in my interchangeable lens cameras and my point and shoots. Most of the time these days I use my newest point and shoot...but it is good to go back to these others and choose the lens that is best for the shot. The thing that I like best about point and shoots is that I have a range of lenses on my camera already...invariably, when I have my changeable lens cameras, I wish that I had a different lens on! Today I used a zoom lens on my black G-5 camera so I could zoom in and out from the flowers. But on my G1 I used a prime lens...with on focal lens and let my legs get me closer to the flowers. Both do a good job with close-ups. I think that two of tonight's are with the red camera and one with the black camera (easier to designate the cameras by color than number...or older (red) or newer (black)! The black camera had the longer lens on it and I noticed that I had a bit of a harder time holding it still...need to get back into practice holding the larger cameras still! I need to get the front porch ready for doing some porch sitting and get the birds back at the feeders. I got fed up with the squirrels and haven't filled the feeders lately...but will again so I can sit and take birdie pics! I'm hoping that Woody will feel like sitting outside on one of these warm days. I think he has started thinking about trying to get out there. I can gdt him to the front door in the wheelchair and then he can use the walker to get down the step to the porch and then it is just a short distance to the first rocker. Speaking of the front porch. I took Mr. Snowman and a smaller snowman off the front porch yesterday in honor of it being March and we are ready for no more snow! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment