Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Just Another Day

Today has pretty much been just like most days in our lives these days...dialysis, cooking, eating, sleeping, reading...Because we got underway later with Woody's dialysis last night due to him going to prayer meeting, dialysis ended later in the morning than most days. It was almost linch time by the time he was totally finished with last night's treatment...the extra fill and then manual drain adds a couple hours each day onto the length if we didn't do that extra cycle. Before I got the manual drain underway, I popped some potatoes into the oven so I could make ham-stuffed potatoes. They were finished baking and I was able to complete the recipe while he drained (45 min. to an hour). It was time for lunch by the time I had him disconnected from the drain cycle and had the last of the dialysis duties done. We ate lunch...and I headed upstairs and it wasn't long till I fell asleep and ended up taking a long nap. I do feel better today...hopefully drinking lots of water and cranberry juice has staved off a kidney infection. Taking a longer than usual afternoon nap hopefully helped too. Woody finished a book and has already started another from the stack I brought home for him last week. I have tonight's dialysis set up and the solution is warming. Woody decided to start at 8pm tonight hoping to be finished a little earlier tomorrow! I'll end with a "where in the world might Melany and Wade be" photo that Melany sent me this afternoon...sort of fun to get such pictures...a virtual vacation for me?!? Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment