Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Surprised My Sister

Today is Cheryl's, my favorite (and only) sister's, birthday. I put a note on the back of her card that told her what her gift is. I decided that she hadn't received her card since she hadn't said anything about her gift. So when I called her this afternoon, I asked her if her card had gotten to her on time. She said that her card had gotten there yesterday. So I asked her if she had looked at the back...I had written "over" on the inside. She hadn't...but did then...and seemed excited when she read what her gift is...a promise of a plane ticket to TN from AZ. So now to plan a time! Looking forward to her visiting, again! Today for the next 8 days we are six years different in age. But...then...I become 7 years older...again! She did say that now she is very happy to be younger...she didn't feel that way when she was little! We made it safely to and from the surgeon's office today. It was a quick visit. Today, he only removed the drain. He will remove the stitches at the next appointment in two weeks. The surgeon seemed pleased with how Woody is healing. He did of course tell us that what was removed was melanoma...no surprise there! Plus we had already read the report on MyHealth at Vanderbilt. Nathan and Isaac stopped by to see us this afternoon. Nathan brought is a basil plant...first new plant of this growing season. At the moment we have just set it pot and all into the raised bed so I can bring it in if/when the next cold snap arrives. It has been a gorgeous warm Spring day here again today. We made it to 70...very nice! Nathan did a few "sonny-do" jobs for us while they were here. Our blue birds should be happy he and Isaac cleaned out the bluebird houses so they can build fresh ones. I have been seeing bluebird activity near the houses the last few days so now they can get busy and make their new 2022 homes! We've had a long day today as neither of us slept the best and then the trip to and from. So I think we are both happy to see the day draw to a close. Woody's dialysis is going and he has moved back to his couch bed. He has been sleeping in the recliner since his surgery. I got bandages checked and changed so I think that my nursing duties are finished for the day. I am going to do a little in the kitchen and then head upstairs...hoping that I can do a little stitching tonight before my eyes close! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment