Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Interesting Day

The diaysis supply delivery happened a little after 7am...always good to get it over and done with rather than having to wait around for him to come. I still have boxes to put away...but that can be done another day! When he left, I got Woody disconnected from his dialysis cycler machine. Once that was done then it was time to make breakfast. Breakfast accomplished I sat down and ate mine and read some more in my latest book and sipped a cup of tea. After that it was time to change Woody's bandage on his arm. It still seems to be healing fine. I turned around a couple more times and it was time to do the manual dialysis drain. I did get to sit down for a couple of minutes to test out my new heating pad that had been delivered late morning, At that point, lunch was just around the corner and Woody needed to eat his pretty close to noon as we had to leave the house by 12:30 for his oncology appointment. I got him "delivered" for his appointment and I headed home for what I thought would be a couple of hours. I did make a quick stop at Hobby Lobby as I was running out of the red embroidery floss that I am using on my present stitching project. I didn't shop/look around at all...just in and out! I came home and ate my last two bites of lunch and then headed upstairs to test out my new heating pad and check in with my sister, Cheryl. She had a surgical procedure so I was checking to see how she was doing. But she didn't answer so I started checking out a few emails, etc. and the phone rang. It was Oncology saying Woody was ready to be picked up. It had been less than 45 minutes since I had dropped him off...he definitely hadn't had Keytruda. So I headed back in the direction of Oncology. The doctor decided that he wanted Woody to heal a couple more weeks before he had Keytruda...so new appointment was made for two weeks from today and he was free to go! I talked to Cheryl (twice) and to Melany late this afternoon. Cheryl has survived her procedure, but still not goung to win any races...she's not supposed to do "anything" till tomorrow...so definitely no races! She isn't even supposed to put her recliner up and down by herself! The mail has bern kind to me the last couple of days. Today I got something from Cheryl for Spring and the other was the second part of a gift from Melany and family. I'll reveal the reason for the gift from Melany and family tomorrow! I have a nice new suet feeder and suet for our birds...not for the squirrels...it is supposed to be squirrel proof...time will reveal if that is true of not. Today's gift was the suet so I hung it. I havrn't seen any birds at it yet. i guess it is time to go set up Woody's dialysis. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment