Thursday, March 17, 2022

Last Appointment…This Week

We managed to get to and from Woody's appoiontment today...this one took a little longer...the kidney appointment involving the doctor almost always is a longer one. Today they were running behind...it all started with the doctor being 45 minutes late to begin the day and Woody's nurse said that from then on they just got farther behind! We waited in the car for a while and then once we were inside it didnt take a whole lot longer. But we left home at 10 and didn't get home till almost noon. Test results, etc. make him good to continue for next three months. His phosphorus readings were much better. And, his hemoglobin is low, but within what they have set for a goal...it is common for dialysis patients to have low hemoglobin and get injections to combat it. Woody got his injection today. After we got home, I got busy in the kitchen. I roasted a chicken in the convection oven...when done and cooled I cut it off the bone...some pieces and some slices. I am now making broth from the carcus and some veggies. I am about ready to remove it from the heat so I can cool it down to put in the refrigerator overnight. I have a recipe in mind to make with the chicken pieces and can use the chicken slices for some lunches and dinners. At tiday's prices, I'm trying to get as much from this chicken as possible! I ran a couple of errands after the chicken was done. I picked up a prescription at the drugstore and then stopped at the grocery store down the street. i had found out they have ground pork with nothing added to it. I had been looking for some for several months...ever since I realized that Kroger was no longer carrying what I had been getting to make Woody's breakfast sausage. So I was very glad to find what I wanted there. Hope they continue to carry it. Well, it is time to set up Woody's dialysis treatment...that time rolls around all too quickly each day...if I feel that way, I can only imagine what Woody must think about the amount of time he has to be connected to it! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment