Friday, March 4, 2022

Busy Spring Day

Busy, busy day! Between dialysis duties and household duties, I have kept very busy. I started in the kitchen. I'm not sure why, but I decided that I would change the filter in the refrigerator. That led to cleaning the filters in the range hood. Then I decided that I would clean the small top oven. I had only used the steam cleaning feature and hadn't ever used the heat cleaning feature. I still haven't wiped out the oven, but it looks very good. I also wiped out the microwave and washed the turntable...not very dirty as I had cleaned it not very many days ago...but there had been a few splatters since I had cleaned it. At that point the appliances on that side of the kitchen had had attention paid to them. The only other large appliance that needed something done to it was the dishwasher and I did need to clean the filter so this evening when I emptied the dishwasher, I decided that I would go on and do that. So parts of the kitchen are much cleaner! Since I am hoping to get Woody interested in some porch sitting, I decided that I needed to get it in better condition...so that is started. I put all the pillows through the drier to freshen them. Wiped down the chairs and started sweeping leaves away from under chairs...didn't quite have the energy to complete the sweeping job. But the porch is sitable now. If I can move tomorrow, maybe I will complete that job and fill bird feeders. It got close to 80° today...absolutely beautiful outside! Somewhere I managed to do a load of towels and washed the tablecoth that I leave on the dining room table these days so I can eat some of my meals there and do a little work there now and then. Next I will take winter decorative items off the china cabinet and make that room look more springlike. Do you think I'm ready to have Spring get here!?! I believe that we have a front coming through on Sunday...so warm temperatures will probably be leaving us...again...but at this time of the year we expect to go back and forth between warm and cold temps. I will take the warmth whenever we get it over the next weeks...and, I need to remember the cooler temps when the hot temps arrive! My favorite times of the year are Spring and Fall...the times in those seasons when we con't need a sweater or jacket...when the temps are "just right!" Usually not a lot of those "just right" days in a year! But I'll take them when I can grt them! Woody didn't feel like going outside today, but enjoyed it being warmer in the house. I did go out and take a few more pictures today. Using my oldest camera that has a setting that lets me take close-ups with one of my long zoom lenses. Tonight's photos shows you a couple of the ones I took this afternoon. Today was the first time that one of our regular size crocus has bloomed. Most of the flowers blooming now are miniature...we have tiny jonquils, iris, and crocus. Tonight's photos show a regular size jonquil and crocus. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! I just realized that I didn't post the picture of the jonquil that I meant to...this one looks like it is floating in air:

No comments:

Post a Comment