Monday, March 7, 2022

Rainy Day

Going to blog early tonight to keep from forgetting! Woody is at Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting. I have his dialysis treatment set up for tonight. Today we had some March wind and some prespring rain...nourishing all that is getting ready to grow! The purples and yellows in our gardens get added to daily. When I went to the mailbox, everything still looked fresh and new...the rain hadn't seemed to beat anything down. Nathan brought by the former youth pastor from our church as he and his family were visiting in the area. It was good to see him again. Woody enjoyed the visit. I made a Cran-Apple Crisp today...something that Woody had said sounded good to him. Since I had both apples and cranberries it was easy to fulfill his request. We both enjoyed it midafternoon. I finished a cross stitch ornament yesterday and got to work on another cross stitch piece yesterday...working on things that I have started over the years but never completed. This project is stitched on perforated paper...not my favorite thing to stitch on...but it is good to work on these old projects from yesteryear! This one is a small Christmas bell pull. I got the border completed last night and have been working on one of the little angels this afternoon. The ornament I finished yesterday is the fifth one I have completed this year...it is for Erin (a penguin...but don't tell her!). I also finished a book today. I haven't been reading much this year...I am way off of my usual goal of at least one book a week...averaging about 2 books a month at the moment. But when I stitch I don't do a lot of reading. Woody has done his usual daily crossword puzzles and now his two daily word games, watched TV, rested, and read. And, now at prayer meeting...a good diversion in his week. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment