Friday, March 18, 2022

Visitors

Nathan, Isaac, Joseph, and Quicksilver stopped by on their way home from the Vet's. The boys let Quicksilver check out our yard. He was a very calm little, well not so little, puppy...maybe he was subdued due to having just been to the vet. I asked the boys if he was usually this calm and they said "no." Woody has been enjoying watching March Madness...something different for him to watch during his day. I made a big mess in the kitchen today. I created a chicken & mushroom egg noodle dish. Pretty good. Woody finished the chili at lunch. I'm hoping he will try this new recipe tomorrow. He is once again slightly more adventurous with his eating...he's willing to try some different things. I had bought some new socks recently so decided that I would clean out my sock drawer. I took the drawer out of my dresser and worked on getting rid of socks that no longer had a mate, etc. and straighten the drawer up while I put away the new ones. When I started to put the drawer back in place, I noticed something on the dust panel beneath the drawer...I guess it was doing it's job as it was very dusty...so I got the vacuum out and got it dusted well. Now the problem is thwt I know that the dust panels under the rest of the drawers are probably in the same shape...so I guess one little job done leads to another bigger one. My dresser isn't too bad to take the drawers out of...but Woody's has longer/wider drawers...not sure I am up to getting them out to dust under them. A couple of mine are pretty heavy...one is loaded with LOTS of cross stitch books...again, not one that can be taken out easily without emptying it...and, I don't think that I am up to emptying drawers right now. BUT, unfortunately I now know the dust is there! It's been there for a long time, but since I didn't know it, it didn't bother me! Oh, well...there's plenty of dust on surfaces that are easy to get to that I "could" take care of too! Changing from the subject of cleaning...I have just about finished another Christmas ornament. I will get back to stitching after I get Woody connected to his dialysis for tonight. We're waiting on the dialysis solution to heat up. I've already cleaned up the kitchen so I will head upstairs and put in the last few stitches. These last two have been quick stitches. We're still working on getting used to the time change. All this week I have been so surprised when my 4:30pm alarm goes off to remind me to take my before supper meds...it seems like it is much earlier in the afternoon than 4:30...and, last week it was 3:30pm...so it really is earlier than 4:30 according to my body's clock! Our electrician didn't show up today...why am I not surprised! Glad we aren't in a huge hurry! Covid seems to be calming down, but still...Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment