Tuesday, March 1, 2022

In Like a Lamb!

We have had a delightful day here in Middle TN! It's days like these that make you really think that Spring may be just around the corner! I'm sure we will have many more cold days, but it is nice to see blue sky for a change and have the sunshine come in the windows! It has been a busy day for me. I started out as usual getting Woody disconnected from his overnight dialysis. He has been noting when his dialysis was completed and has been clocking how long the last drain has been in and the last few days, I have been doing the manual drain prior to him having breakfast as he has usually bad the last fill in him for around two hours. I did the manual drain and then got his breakfast made. When he finished breakfast I changed the dressing on his arm where he had the tumor removed and checked the drain from where he had the lymph node removed. By the time I get all that done, it is usually 10am. Today, I was to pick up my grocery order between 10 and 11am, which meant it was time to head to Kroger. I got back home unloaded the groceries and put them away and was able to sit down a little while before it was time to get lunch. After lunch, I headed back out to go to the church to work with Donna in the library for a couple of hours. We accomplished quite a lot. Our next work session, will end with a lot of new books on the shelves. Today was getting a lot of books a little ways farther in their processing. We did get a few totally ready for the shelves. I made a stop at the pharmacy to pick up prescriptions for Woody and me. When I for home, I finished getting the garbage and recycle out to the curb and then I was able to shut the door on the outside world for today! Woody has had a good day too. He has read quite a bit, watched a little television, worked word puzzles, etc. Tonight we got his dialysis started earlier than usual due to needing to be in Franklin, TN by 8am in the morning. We will need to get an early start to be there on time. Hoping that his dialysis goes as well as it has been the last few days. That's our day in a nutshell. I am very glad to be sitting in my recliner! Tonight's photos show a sampler that I started work on back in 1993. I took a correspondence course through EGA (Embroiderer's Guild of America) on Ukranian embroidery...learning the techniques that Ukraine women use when embroidering on clothes. I never totally finished the course, but did get well underway with the first sampler that was part of this class. With all that is going on with the Ukranians I was reminded about doing this piece and decided to get it out. I have other things that I am stitching on currently so don't think that I will start stitching on it, at least, not at the moment. It would take a lot of studying to get back into the cadence of doing this with the proper method...a lot of water under the bridge and I don't remember all the ways to make the stitches so the back will look a certain way. But I did decide that I would drape it over my needlework basket and then when my eyes fall on it, I will remember all that the Ukraine and its people are going through and remember to pray for them fervently. This basket is right next to my recliner so my eyes fall on it regularly. What you are seeing is part of my stitching area...sleeping area...reading area...favorite place to rest and relax! "My little corner of the world!" Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment