Monday, April 4, 2022

53 Year Friendship…Not Long Enough!

We started our day with very unexpected and very sad news. Nathan called to say that he had just talked to one of our very best friends, Linda, and she shared with him that her husband, Doyle, had passed away yesterday. We have known them since we married and have stayed close all these years...even when we moved to California for a couple of years. Woody mentioned the flowers that are tonight's photos...we call these our Hasty daffodils as they gave them to us. They are our late bloomers of our early spring bulbs and are just now in full bloom. This was literally jaw-dropping news as Woody's mouth fell open when I shared this sad news with him. We have been processing this news all day and are having trouble believing it. I will tell a little story about my early days of living in Tullahoma...the southern accents were sometimes hard for me to understand certain words. I had been introduced to Doyle and Linda and thought that I knew their names...then I heard people calling him Dole so I got confused. I think I finally asked someone to spell his name for me so I would know for sure what his name was! The otherconfusing word for me was Shovel...Come to find out that was the way Shelbyville is pronounced by some around here. Just a part of me getting acclimated to the South! Over the years so many good memories shared together as families. Doyle will be greatly missed. Our hearts go out to Linda and their boys and their families. So hard to say good-bye to such a good friend. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment