Saturday, April 16, 2022

Saturday Visitors

Melany and Wade arrived late morning and left late afternoon. They brought a surprise for our front porch...three pretty hanging baskets...so pretty. We had a nice visit. I made hot pork sandwiches and mashed potatoes for lunch and had cran-apple crisp and ice cream for dessert. We talked about lots of things, walked the front and back yards, did a little weeding as we walked by some of the flower beds. Talked about garden plans and a couple of things that I can do in the gardens (without too much effort!). While we weee sitting at the dining table having lunch, the mail carrier delivered a box that I wasn't expecting till Monday...nice when things come early! The box contained a new toaster that I had ordered after our old one "bit the dust." Went back in time and got a two slice toaster rather than another toaster oven...takes up a lot less space and I figure that I can use our small oven if I need to top toast or broil something. We'll see! It's bright red...the red accents I have in the kitchen are a tip of the hat to red barns...at least in my mind that is what the red represents! Woody is already dozing on the couch. I have the dialysis solution warming. I'm hoping that he isn't too deeply asleep to wake up to do his part of getting connected. We need to get it going early so we can be ready to leave for Sunday School on time in the morning. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment