Wednesday, April 6, 2022

A Little Sewing

I spotted these photos when I went to find something for tonight's blog. I made this over the weekend...the first photo shows the way the linen/cotton blend basket weave fabric. All I had to do was trim off the selvedge edges and straighten up the other two edges and put in a machine double hem on all edges. Once the edges were hemmed, I popped it into the washer and then the drier...and when it came out it was all puckered and soft...my warm weather throw. So I did manage to do a littlr sewing and used one of the pieces of fabric that I had ordered...One piece used and no leftovers except for very narrow strips. Probably more than you wanted to know...but the fabric was rather magical! And, it was good to do a little sewing...lots more to do in the sewing area...but one thing done! Woody's dialysis supplies were delivered today. Stacks of boxes everywhere once again...supplies to last a little more than a month. I put some away, but am going to wait to put some away till I use up the box we are currently using. I will have less moving of boxes that way...in the long run. The delivery and putting away was the accomplishment of the day with a little more cleaning...the dust cloth and vacuum did a little work today, too. Now it is time to get Woody's dialysis going for another day. And, the cycle of what we do daily continues! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment