Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Such a Pretty Day

What a pretty day! Nice to see the sun shine and feel the temperatures warm up. We had a usual morning...inside...mainly dealing with finishing Woody's dialysis and getting his late breakfast. I only ate a light breakfast because a group of us were gathering for a late lunch. A group of is from our Sunday School class gathered at Arby's. We chose Arvy's because it was a favorite of one of our former class mates who passed away last year. Often when members from the class visited with Betty, they took along an Arby's roast beef and a chocolate shake...much to her delight...and in her laet months she didn't have a lot of bright spots in her life. Our class was saddened that Betty's family chose not to have a service of any kind to honor her so we decided that once Arby's opened to inside eating that we would gather and have a sandwich and shake in her honor. And, today was that day. We had a nice time visiting and remembering Betty and all enjoyed a good lunch too. Knowing that Arby's is a favorite of Woody's, I brought him home a treat of Arby's roast beef. After I got home, I did a little gardening. Woody has tried for years to get the creeping flox reestablished in one of the flower beds...some of that flos had crept out of the flower bed and was growing out in the yard. I decided that while it was flowering and I could find the clumps easily, that I would do a little transplanting. I probably relocated seven or eight clumps. Now we will see if those clumps survive their move. I also started the momumental job of picking up sticks and limbs that have come down in the last storms. Two ferns got their dead leaves cut off hoping that new growth will take over. And, that was enough outside for me...hope that the pollen didn't get to me. I really had to quit when a lawn mower service got underway on a yard across the street and was stirring up a lot of dust that was drifting this way. After all that activity, I was ready for a nap! I'm waiting on Woody's dialysis solution to warm so we can get underway earlier tonight since he has a morning appointment with Dr. O at the kidney center...hoping that his dialysis will be finished early enough to be able to do the final drain before we have to leave...and maybe he can have breakfast before also. So off to get dialysis started for the night! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment