Monday, April 25, 2022

April Showers

Woody is at the Monday Night Furnace Room Prayer Meeting. While he was gone I got tonight's dialysis treatment set up and everything is ready to make him his protein shake once he gets home, We have had rain off and on this afternoon and evening,,,I guess that these April showers are preparing all those May flowers...really some of those May flowers are already blooming. I consider the bigger iris as May flowers as they were the flower that bloomed close to Nathan's birthday...tulips bloom around Melany's birthday in April and daffodils and jonquils near my birthday in March. We have more of the purple iris open yesterday and today. Tonight shows the first of our Gerber Daisies to bloom this year. This is one from a plant that Mealny and Wade planted for us last year. Yesterday was busy for me in the cooking area. When we got home from Sunday school I slipped a Boston Butt pork roast into a slow oven to cook for many hours. When it was done, I pulled it...so that job is done...some in the refrigerator for us to eat now and some in the freezer for a later time. So no cooking today except for mealtime. I have begun doing wash that needs to be done...Woody's got done today...drier just buzzed to say that a load is ready to put away! One more to go and then maybe I'll work on mine tomorrow. Today being cloudy and a bit rainy seemed a good day to read so I finished a book. It also proved a good afternoon for naps for both of us. Tomorrow there is one appointment on the calendar and it is for me tonget my hair cut...an appointment that I always look forward to! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment