Friday, April 1, 2022

Virtual Reunion

It is amazing what one can do these days from home...traveling virtually to my alma mater, Cottey College in Nevada, MO. I had a fun time playing Cottey trivia with a dozen or so alum...I knew four of the ones gathered personally. I put arrows showing me on the screen and I put a box around my lifelong friend. Randi and I have known each other since probably we were two or three years old. We went to the same church, we were in the same school from 1st through 8th grade, same classroom from 1st through 6th, same Girl Scout Troup, same high school and...then we went to Cottey together! That's a lot of togetherness over many, many years...guess we have been friends for over 70 yeaars...how could that be?!? Randi stayed in AZ and I moved to TN. But due to the internet we have kept in touch. So it was especially fun to have Randi in the same trivia group with me today. She is part of the Cottey Alum Board so she is actually on Cottey's campus as I type this. Right now, as I type this, I am attending the chapel program that honors Cottey's founder's birthday. Again...amazing what one can do virtually. I made soup today...one of our favorites that Woody said sounded good...and he did enjoy a bowl for lunch. He is waiting for me to come downstairs to get his dialysis going. Then I will come back upstairs and attend a virtual reunion with my class members who decide to join in the virtual reunion this evening. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment