Saturday, April 23, 2022

I Was Right!

Last night I predicted that this iris would bloom today. It was open when I went outside this morning. This has been a day of doing lots of different jobs inside and outside fhe house. I woke up too early this morning and when I realized I wasn't going back to sleep, I went into the sewing room and machine hemmed the linen dishtowels. Recently I bought yardage of linen that was woven with toweling in mind...narrow width. I bought several yards and divided the yardage into six kitchen towels. All I had to do was hem the two ends on each of them. Last night before I went to sleep, I pinned up the hems...so it was easy straight stitching that I did this morning. They are all tucked into place in the towel drawer in the kitchen. By the time that was done, it was time to disconnect Woody...but not time to drain him yet. I ate some breakfast and then went outside to do a couple of gardening jobs. Nathan and Kathy and family had given me a rose bush for my birthday which still needed to be planted...easier said than done...but it did get done...hope that I dug a good enough hole...but what is done is done! I also planted some seeds that they had given me. Then I attempted to do some more weeding. I have weeded off and on today...doubt that it shows to anyone but me! Did I ever say, "I'm NOT a gardener?!?" Just doesn't give me satistaction as it does my daughter and sister and many friends!!! I want to be inside sewing or stitching or reading or cooking...not getting my hands dirty! It got into the low 80s today...pretty warm with the sun beating down! I'm getting ready to get dialysis set up, as we have to head out early in the morning for Sunday School. After I get him set up and connected, I still need to out together the ground pork concoction for Woody's breakfast sausage. I will cook it tomorrow, but it will be good to have it all mixed in the morning. So kitchen duties still await me. Woody has been doing his usial...puzzles, reading, TV watching, etc. He finished another book today. Well, it is time to get "things" started. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious,

No comments:

Post a Comment