Monday, April 11, 2022

An Easy Patient

Woody had his monthly check-in with his Fresenius Kidney nurse. His nurse had had a stressful morning from before he got to the center up to seeing Woody. when he did the few things that he needed to do for Woody, he proclaimed Woody an easy patient...just what he needed after his hectic morning. nice to be an easy patient! Woody had his labs drawn and signed a few papers and answered a few questions and we were out of there and on our way back home. We managed to sneak between raindrops, too. It wasn't raining at all when we left, though it had rained prior to us leaving. And, it was barely sprinkling when we got back home. I have been doing fiddly cleaning jobs today...continuation of cleaning things that don't get cleaned very often. Most of thr time the teacup collection just gets a swipe from a swiffer. But today I took them all off the shelves and have washed them by hand. They are all on the dining room table waiting for me to put them back...I took the photo so I would know where they go and not have to make any decisions when I put them back. It has been fun looking at all the details on the cups and saucers. These are all a part of my mother's teacup collection as is the display shelf. When she moved to my sister's house she didn't have any place to put the shelf up and asked me if I would like the display shelf and some teacups to fill it. Obviously I accepted her offer! The two of us sat and chose the ones that Mother wanted me to have. So it wae fun thinking back over memories brought back because of the cups and saucers. Most are made in England but there is also one from France and one from Germany. One belonged to my Aunt Lois, some are from other of Mother's relatives and one was my grandmother's, on my father's side, sister's. The family ones are all marked with who they belonged to originally. One of them was hand painted...a hobby back "in the day." That one is very thin china. The only reason that these have "chuna" on them is that they are bone china...not where they were manufactured...rarely these days can you find something that isn't made in China! I also polished the bells on the little bell shelf in the living room...so silver polishing and cup and saucer washing. My hands need lotion tonught! I will dust and use furniture polish on the cup and saucer display shelf...tomorrow...fiddly cleaning is done for today. Oh, I almost forgot that I also washed off all my glass bells that are on my china cabinet/buffet and dusted the rest of the items on that and polished that large puece of furniture. Dining room is definitely cleaner! There is still a bit more to do in there...like dining room chairs need to be polished...again, another day! Woody went to prayer meeting tonight and is home. He has had his protein shake and is now ready for me to get his dialysis going for tonight. Be safe! Be well! Be cautious! (Sounds like Covid cases are on the rise againM)

No comments:

Post a Comment