Thursday, April 14, 2022

Evidence That the Wind Did Blow Last Night!

Here's what was discovered this morning in Nathan and Kathy's lot right behind our house. The little building was the clubhouse that Nathan and the kids built some time back out of salvaged wood. The side of it was a lean-to that sheltered (?) the riding lawnmower. The tree that is down is just a little ways from the little building...farther away from our house. We're glad that wind damage happened there and not to any houses in the area! Nathan stopped by this morning to check out ehat had happened. Our next door neighbor had texted them about the downed tree and the damage to the clubhouse. Then this evening Nathan and Kathy stopped by so Kathy could see in and so they could decide what the next steps were...looks like someone who knows about trees is going to have to come in and take care of the tree to keep it from falling on the other neighbor's fence. I knew when the wind really picked up last night and went out on oir little sunporch (enclosed...not outside) to pull down the blinds and thought that I saw some things flying (being blown) across the back yard. At that point Woody told me to come in from the glassed-in area to be safe! The storms blew through very quickly. We have other limbs down but nothing major. After I got Woody disconnected and deained and his breakfast fixed, I met Carolyn and Jo at the Downtown Cafe for breakfast. We had a good visit...we always do! Covid has cut into our little outings...maybe we can get back together more regularly once again. I continued to do what I guess you could call "Spring Cleaning"...a little cleaning job here and there. This evening while Nathan and Kathy were here, it was time for me to set up Woody's dialysis. Nathan decided that he wanted to do it...so I talked him through the set-up with Kathy observing. They left after that. Once the sulution heated up, I got him connected for tonight's treatment. He's watching TV now...unless he has dozed off! I have the kitchen cleaned up and am getting ready to head upstairs once I get the dishwasher going and get some clothes out of the drier. So our day is coming to an end...rather busy day...lots of visiting! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment