Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Another First Bloom

I happened to notice that our rose bush had its first bloom open at the very top of the bush. Today has been a day of various tasks. When I came downstairs a little after 6am, Woody's overnight dialysis treatment was finished. So I disconnected him from the machine and out the machine through its last paces. All the records from the night's treatment are recorded and sent through a modem to "where ever!" I get information off the screen and record it in Woody's written records that I keep and turn in once a month...I can see how long the treatment took so Incan figure out when it has been at least two hours since the last fill takes place...so we will know when it is okay to drain him so he can really be finished with his treatment that started the night before and can eat breakfast. This morning, while I waited for his last fill to dwell for two hours, I got out the recipe for Sourdough French Bread and had it rising by the time it was time to do the manual drain...at this point it was a little after 8. It takes about 45 minutes for the last fill to drain. And, he doesn't want to eat till that drain is finished. After he drains and I have him disconnected from that, it is time to take care of dressing the site where his catheter enters his abdomen...also a daily task. THEN I can fix his breakfast and he can eat! This morning the time of a little after 9am was a fairly decent time...some mornings it is almost 11 by the time he can eat...by that time it is brunch! The dough continued to rise during all this. Sourdough takes a longer time to rise if no other yeast is used...and this time I felt that the sourdough starter was developed enough to rise without the help of other yeast. And, indeed, it did well with rising and we have two crusty loaves of French bread. Bread and dialysis took up enough time that I haven't accomplished as much of what I had planned to do with my washing, but I do have a load in the drier and one in the process of washing. I may do one more load of wash tonight,,.but then I might not! I did take a nap this afternoon as I woke up way too early...before I went down at 6, I had done one crossword puzzle and a three word puzzles that I have been sucked into doing most days...Wordle, Word Hurdle, and Phrazle and had printed out Woody's two crossword puzzles. He also usually does whichever of the word games that he does when he can't sleep in the night...he does Wordle and Quardle. I believe that he has done some napping today and I definitely closed my eyes a couple of times today...a couple of cat naps. I did manage to keep my eyes open enough to finish another book this afternoon. Woody has had his protein shake...tonight...strawberry...and now it is time for the dialysis "routine" to start all over again! Be safe! Be well! Be cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment