Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1-11-11 feet/feat

I actually ventured out, broke through the snow, and made a foot path to Nathan and Kathy's. I had to force the gate to open due to the snow piled up against it. I needed to feed Abigail's fish and needed to reconnect to the internet...and managed to do both without falling down in the snow! I'm not real adventuresome...so this was quite a feat for my feet! Woody managed to get our garbage can and Nathan and Kathy's garbage can to the street...now we will see if the garbage truck runs tomorrow! There hasn't been much melting of the snow and what did melt should refreeze as the temperatures are taking a nose dive tonight...down into the teens. brrrrrrrr!

I have continued to undecorate today. I have quite a lot put away, but ever so much more to tuck away in boxes for the next ten months. Woody has worked on the jigsaw puzzle and is getting closer to getting it finished. I checked before I came up to blog to see if it might be finished...but not quite. He cleared a few more stepping stones, got the mail, read, watched a bit of TV and rested today. Our accomplishments of the day have been good things to do on a day when we consider ourselves "snowed in." The winds started picking up this afternoon and the wind chill makes it feel bitterly cold outside...right now it is 26F but feels like 19F....definitely brrrrrrrrry! Tullahoma has cancelled school for tomorrow once again...WOW...three days in a row for Tullahoma is almost unheard of! From what I heard today, they will have to make up today and tomorrow as they have very few snow days built into their schedule. I'm sure that Melany is dancing the "happy snow day dance" that teachers dance! We got an automated call from our church reminding us that if Tullahoma schools are out then there are no scheduled Wednesday activities at church. I rescheduled my hair cut appointment till next week...so tomorrow is cleared for another stay-at-home day!

Well, I will end by wishing a dear friend and blog follower a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY on this 1-11-11! Remember, Carla, for two months you are a year older than I am!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment