Monday, January 3, 2011

Melany's Miracle!

Many, many years ago one afternoon when Melany was quite small, she walked into our living room and exclaimed, "It's a miracle!" At that exact moment the sun was coming in the fan window on our front door and the beam of light was directed right on baby Jesus in the manger of our nativity scene. So this morning when I walked through the living room and realized that the sun was directed right to baby Jesus and the angel on the Fisher Price nativity, I was reminded of that day long ago when Melany saw a miracle in our living room (different house and different living room)...a miracle in the eyes of a young child.

I have been working on getting everything gathered together so we will be ready to leave dark and early in the morning. I had all my clothes in the suitcase by 8am...Woody is still putting things on the bed for me to put in the suitcase. I have been gathering up all the power cords that go to various and sundry items that have to be charged while on the trip...camera, computer, and phone...my how things have changed over the years as to what we think that we can't leave home without! Now I just have to remember to take the phone, camera, and computer to go with those cords!

Woody walked for about an hour this afternoon. He also ran pre-trip errands...credit union, gas, prescriptions, library (I was out of pleasure reading books). I am in the midst of making breakfast cookies...not for us to take on the trip, but for an obligation on Saturday. Our Sunday School class is responsible for providing some mid-morning snacks for the crew who will be taking down the Night In Bethlehem and other decorations at and around our church this Saturday. I was afraid that if I waited till I got home on Friday, that I wouldn't feel like making them. So they are on my "to-do" list for this evening. I'm waiting for the butter to soften while I blog...doing a bit of multi-tasking! Woody has worked some more on his jigsaw puzzle...a cardinal...lots of red pieces make up that cardinal! I mopped our kitchen floor this afternoon. I hadn't had time since Christmas...well, let's say that I hadn't found/made time so decided that today was a good day to do it. My! Was it ever dirty! We have a steam mop that we share between Nathan and Kathy's and our houses...so I went over and got it today when I fed Abigail's fish. They gave me some new pads for it for Christmas...which are white (what was the company thinking?!). I decided to wash the floor first with the old pad and then give it a second going over with the new white pad...well...let's just say that even though it was the second washing...that pad is no longer white!

Well, off to make the cookies and then freeze them for Saturday. I will be blogging from Bethesda, MD tomorrow night...the good Lord willin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment