Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Rainy Tuesday

Today is the first day that Woody has been able to see his new "toy" measure rain. I gave him this wireless digital rain gauge for Christmas and this is the first time that we have had rain since Nathan got it all hooked up...and it does work wirelessly...pretty neat to sit in our family room and be able to see the outside temperature and also the rainfall amounts. We are once again under a winter storm warning...they are predicting that this rain will turn to snow, sleet and/or ice after midnight tonight. We are predicted to get between two to four inches of snow between midnight and noon tomorrow! This certainly has been a snowy winter so far!

Neither Woody nor I got the best night sleep last night. We both woke up very early and couldn't get back to sleep. So we finally got up and ate some of the pancakes that Woody made yesterday and had frozen. I then started getting out ingredients to make cookies so that the butter could soften. Then I went upstairs and attacked the guest room...got the Christmas wrap and bags (that Woody hadn't realized were in that room) all consolidated so they could be put in the Christmas closet. I also found the pillows on the bed in the guest room that belong on chairs in the living room and took them down...see...I only "thought" that I had everything back to "normal" yesterday when I blogged! Then I went downstairs and started making the cookies. I found the recipe in Martha Stewart's Living Magazine this month and wanted to try them. They are Chewy Chocolate Chunk-Cherry Cookies. These are made with dried cherries. It took the rest of the morning to get them made...or so it seemed. They are quite good. In order to not tempt us too much we have bagged them and put them in the freezer...after eating several and also making a bag to share with the neighbors. While I made cookies Woody took a little snooze to make up for not getting enough sleep last night.

We both had soup for lunch...Woody "his" French Market and me "my" Stuffed Spud. The doorbell rang while we were eating. It was our mail carrier. She had a box...a book that I had ordered to help me with my new photography software. After lunch I took the book upstairs to download some pictures from the internet that one can use to work through some of the examples in the book...so I started downloading...and got very sleepy...so ended up going and taking a nap to help me make up for some of my lost sleep last night.

Woody has read, done crossword puzzles, watched a bit of TV, snoozed a bit, and plans to walk to the prayer room at church this evening. I am going to go out to eat with my Sunday School class in a little while...the reason for the early post.

Going back to Woody's crossword puzzles...yesterday he did something that he had never done before...he completed a cross word puzzle only using the horizontal clues. He said that he challenged himself to do that as the puzzles that he is doing at the moment aren't very difficult...and he said that doing it that way definitely made the puzzle more challenging!

Now to wait and see if the snow prediction comes true! While typing this, the rain amount has increased to .18 inches and the temperature has dropped to 43 F...so there you have the latest weather report from Tullahoma, TN using Woody's new wireless digital rain gauge!

No comments:

Post a Comment