Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thoroughly Thursday!

Tonight's blog picture has nothing to do with our day...it's a picture that I took on our way home from AZ in November. We did have blue skies and sunshine today...very nice and it warmed up nicely to the low 50's. Woody took our red car in to be worked on and then walked back home...a rather long walk so he got his exercise in today. He had been waiting for a nice day like today to take the car to be fixed.

We both got up really early. I headed back into the sewing room and began trying to print a picture from the computer...a picture of all seven of our grandchildren in front of the Christmas tree. It has become a tradition to take this picture each year and then I frame it and put it on an end table in the living room. It took a while, but I finally got the results that I was pleased with. It is good to have the printer and computer next to each other (now that I know where to put the USB plug in the back of the printer!). Boy was that a lot of wasted time over a silly user error! But all's well that ends well!

Mid morning Joy and Esther came over. Joy read a Dick and Jane story to Goosey (Woody) while Esther and I got underway with some work in the school room. Joy soon joined us and they both got a lot done. Later in the afternoon I went next door for Abigail's next sewing lesson. Tomorrow we plan to make a heart shaped pillow...a real project! Graham came over and I invited him up to the sewing room while I got things straightened out from my "move" yesterday...lots got piled on the sewing machine cabinet when I moved tables, printers, etc. yesterday...so they have to find a new place. Graham first took it upon himself to attach a jingle bell to a lace bell ornament that I had made (a new ornament for next year!). Then he decided that he wanted to make a small quilt...so he started choosing fabric for a 9 patch square. Then I showed him how to cut out the squares to the size that we needed (I wasn't ready for him to take off with the rotary cutter...don't want any cut fingers!). Then he got them all arranged the way he wanted and took them home to sew three rows together. He got that part done and came back over after supper to get the next step. Abigail has decided that she wants to also make a quilt square!

Besides his walk today, Woody has read, watched a DVD, and some TV and has probably done some cross word puzzles and taken a couple of naps to make up for getting up so early. His neck is bothering him so he has had a heating pad on it off and on today. He said that the heat has helped. Between our lunch and going over for Abigail's sewing lesson I got our recipe for pulled pork on to simmer. So we had barbecue sandwiches for supper tonight. It is really a good recipe and tastes great...but at the time that I am cutting up the Boston Pork Roast...it doesn't seem like a good idea...but it definitely seemed worth the effort when supper time rolled around.

No comments:

Post a Comment